Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A bad experience at Harvey Norman Photocentre

I had a terrible photo printing experience at the Harvey Norman Photocentre yesterday.
*
As usual, I went to the self service machine to choose and customise the photos. Everything went on smoothly until the collection part. The photo I have printed, was being cut at the top and bottom. It was printed nicely but just the paper size was incorrect.
*
Initially the staff insisted that I have cropped the photo wrongly. He tried to reprint again and found that there was no way to crop the photo up or down. Then only he started to seek help from his colleagues. Those people were not really concerned with what had happened. They continued to chit chat as if I was not there.
*
No one was able to solve the problem in such a big outlet. After that, he tried to called for another colleague and so called printer expert for help. No one answered his call. At the end, he told me that the techinical staff was on leave today. I gave him the suggestion to open up the printer and checked whether the papers were loaded correctly.
*
"I do not know how to open the printer. Everything is preset and the printer operates automatically."
*
This kind of answer seems too ridiculous to me. That was not a very complicated photo printer. A little bit bigger than normal photocopy machine. If they do not know how to load paper, then what will happen if the paper run out? There is no infinite supply of paper from the printer itself! Very obviously, there must be someone who knows how to do that in the center but choose to ignore it. Yet, how could be a big company like that only hires 1 techincal staff? So all Harvey Norman outlets in Singapore will only wait for 1 people to solve the printer problem? What I felt frustrated was, they did not offer solutions to the problem and not even to admit their fault. The staff just wanted to push the problem to other people. He did not even open to check the papers. No sincerity is shown at all. He asked me to come back on another day, with no guarantee I will get the perfect photo. The service level in Singapore is far behind.
*
At the end, I asked for refund and decided not to waste my time there. I guess they are very happy of the refund because this means they do not need to solve the printer problem. Or maybe next time when other staffs face the same problem, then only let them solve it. Yeah, this is the art of "Taiji".

No comments: