Thursday, March 27, 2008

Planning for Graduation Trip

More or less confirm that I will be going to Cambodia Angkor Wat for my graduation trip. I have decided and still waiting for reply from a few friends.
*
Why do I choose Cambodia?
*
Reason 1: Budget
I have very low budget as since the government has stopped its supply of $$ to me. Initially I dont want to go for any trip. But seems like if there is no trip, there will be no feeling of graduation. Yo it's graduation you see, not semester break. I can really throw away everything, no books, no exam, no projects... So after staying so long in this stressful environment, it's time to escape from the city. I still can squeeze out some money for the trip since it's really affordable. I expect the whole trip could be kept within $600 (with generous allowance given).
*
Reason 2: The place
Siem Reap or Angkor Wat is described as "Unforgettable Places to See Before you Die". I also heard from Prof Chui that this place is really beautiful. It is a temple built for King Suryavarman II in the early 12th century as his state temple and capital city. I browse through some pictures in the internet. It is really amazing that they had the ability to build it at that time. However due to large number of tourists, damages are caused to the building. So better to see it now before more damages are made.
*
So friends, it sounds very tempting right? Then why are you still hesitating? ; )

5 comments:

Eddie said...

yeah.. angkor wat is a really stunning place i guess. we expected to spend 1000SGD for the whole trip- cambodia & vietnam. but after seeing your budget, i wonder whether we set the budget too tight.

Pei Pei said...

Oh u going cambodia too? I give generious allowance to the budget especially in hotel. We are planning to book twin room where everyone can sleep comfortably with own bed.

Eddie said...

yeah.. our trip will start on 12 may from KL to Siem Reap, all the way to Hanoi and back to singapore on 29 may. but i think ours have to be really "budget". cos it's really long backpacking trip. anyway, i am sure you will have a great time in Angkor and stay really comfortably. share with me if you got any good deal, activities to do, or place to visit.

Pei Pei said...

But you will be there (angkor wat) earlier than me. I will only reach siem reap on 15 May. Haha will you still be there on 15? If yes, maybe we could meet.

Eddie said...

actually we are still on the verge of planning the itinerary. Maybe can meet you all for one day. so, your trip will only be in siem reap? and when will you reach there?