Sunday, March 9, 2008

I voted

I voted in the 12th General Election of Malaysia. I am glad that I am one of the Malaysians who contributes to a more democratic country. (Haha I never say which party I voted to ok? But anyway Johor is always a strong base of BN. Both the state and parliamentary seats of my area were taken by BN.) But I am proud to say at least I purposely made a trip back to vote.
*
BN suffers the greatest defeats in its history. They have even lost the two third majority. Somohow out of my expectation. I did not expect the opposition's strategy would be so successfully. I was very shocked when even the Gerakan acting president Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon lost the parliamentary seat. Not only so, the Barisan also lost Kedah, Penang, Perak and Selangor. It's time to wake the BN up.
*
Well a more balanced representation in parliament is definitely good for us. However the ability of the opposition party to rule Penang is still much doubted. Too early to make any comment now. We should remain optismistic and let the time to tell us the truth.

No comments: