Saturday, October 18, 2008

The third weekend of October

I was back to office this morning. The new product line is going to have production in another two weeks' time. Getting more work to do as my predecessor hands over job to me. He is going to field in December and I am supposed to take over most of the things he is doing now, plus another new product.
*
These two weeks I am keep thinking whether I want to live in such a way for the rest of my life. I get a not-too-bad salary from a MNC. Most probably after 5-7 years, or maybe 10 years, I can be a manager after gaining enough experiences. I will always report to someone and rely on him/her to rate my performance. The money I have, definitely not enough to have a luxury life, but more than sufficient to get a "pigeon box" house and a japanese car...
*
That is not what I hope to be. No matter how hard you work for the company, the company eventually is not belonged to you. Most of the time, they will not pay proportionately to the effort you put in.
*
So I want to be my own boss. Anyway it's not going to happen soon because I have nothing now- no money, no experience. Learn as much as possible is what I can do now.

1 comment:

david santos said...

Excellent posting!
Congrats!