Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Recruitment Session

I attended a recruitment session held by one famous oil services company today. So exhausted now. I travelled all the way down to Tampines as their plant is situated in Changi. And the session lasted for 5 hours, from 1pm-6pm. Out of the 14 candidates, only 3 holds bachelor degree. I was competing against master and phd graduates!
*
I really like this company. From the way they conduct the session, you will know that they are really willing to spend time to find the right person. It was a very informative session where managers of different mechanical departments shared about the detailed jobscopes of engineers. The HR also did a great job by making every candidate to understand the company's core values.
*
The first assessment was a team building game where candidates were divided into group of 3-4. Then each team was supposed to build a vehicle to carry an egg which would protect the egg from breaking after it is dropped from second floor. Only 2 groups managed to land the eggs without breaking. Proud to say I was in one of the groups.
*
And the second assessment was a self presentation. Each candidate was required to present in 5 minutes times in front of all other candidates, HR and managers from various departments. I was glad that I was not nervous at all. I think I have performed well. Even though the beginning part of the presentation was not that smooth, but after I got used to the talking, 90% of the questions were well answered. Anyway maybe I was too assertive. I remembered that I said this in the presentation "There are likely other candidates suitable for this position. But I bring an addtional quality that makes me the best candidate for this position..." Oh I hope I did not sound arrogant at that time.
*
Let's hope for the best for the outcome.

No comments: