Tuesday, February 12, 2008

LDP Chinese New Year Reunion Dinner

I am already very tired now. But I must write down what has happened on this meaningful day.
*
I just attended the LDP Chinese New Year Reunion Dinner. Initially we planned to have a simple farewell party for the previous LDP advisor, Prof Chui Yoon Ping who is leaving for another university soon. However I was informed that she could not make it for today dinner and then we dropped the plan.
*
Then just now she came to the event. We decided to have an in-prompt-to farewell for her. I have an almost completed video made specially for her. While she was still enjoying the skit, Kelvin and I rushed back to my hall secretly to complete the video. The rest was supposed to hold her back for the surprise programme.
*
When we finally completed the two videos after 1 hour, Vernon informed me that Prof Chui left the dinner with other professors. Oh at that time I really felt like being dunked into cold water all of a sudden. How we wish to show her the clip!! We thought we had a chance when she suddenly turned up for the dinner. Then I decided to give her a call to try if she could come back. Haha fortunately she went back to the office. We managed to show her the video and had a simple farewell for her.
*
I am so happy. I finally completed the video and showed it to her. Initially I thought I wouldn't have this chance to let her seeing the video personally. I don't know how to describe my mood now but I am really glad. ; )
*
"Prof Chui, I will miss you."

No comments: