Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Contributed to the making of MAE Video

Today I have 2 achievements:
*
Firstly, I learnt how to operate the milling machine. I started to fabricate the prototype of my FYP, on my own. Even though the piece is not completed yet, but I really have a bit of sense of achievement. Anyway, everytime when I work in shop, I need to tell myself continuously to keep sober and safe. It's dangerous and never play play with all the machines. Our human body is too fragile as compared to the machines.
*
Then I became the MODEL for the school. Well, it's out of volunteerism basis for the school promotional video. It was fun for the first part when the director of the video asked me to act. Haha actually I just need to carry out routine tasks in my room. They took a few scenes like I walking back to room, open the room and writing emails etc. The real stressful part came when I had to talk about my experience living in hall. I was given the script few days ago and I was supposed to say:
*
"Living independetly has taught me a lot about self discipline - that's has played a big part in making my uni experience more enriching and fruitful. There is also a sense of bonding that I enjoyed with fellow hostelites, whether in joining hall activities or going out for supper together. It's definitely one of the hightlights of my time here in NTU."
*
I NG for many many times, because I just could not get everything correct at the same time. For a perfect shoot, it needs to include smooth talking, correct pronunciation, nice smile, correct posture, steady camera......Sien lor, initially i thought it's easy. I also felt bad to make the crews restart again and again. Haha so scared that the director would scream at me. But luckily they were all very friendly, maybe because they knew I am not professional model. So I got excuse to make mistakes. ;P
*
At the end, they allowed me to split what I was supposed to say into 2 parts and they would take it using 2 shoots. I somehow felt relieved of this changes and things went on smoothly after that.
*
The whole shooting took 1 hour. Haha not bad right, even though I had NG so many times. That was really an interesting experience to me. I must thank Megan for this lobang. ; )

No comments: