Friday, October 12, 2007

1st interview with Citibank

I have been so busy for the past few weeks. Project, project and project. Also I have attended the first interview with Citibank this morning. Basically I have prepared for this interview for one week. Even though my first priority is not banking, but I still want to perform well for the interview. Not to think with how far I would go first, but I will definitely not to give up any chances.
*
Indeed this morning the interview was quite casual. I had a nice chat with my interviewer. I think he is a good listener and able to give me response in order to encourage me to speak up more. I give myself 80 marks and I am satisfied with my performance.
*
Answer the day:
Can you describe the key attributes that make you suitable for this job?

"I always think “things could have been done better”. Not only by thinking, but I plan for the strategy and make it happened. For example, when I was just an ordinary student in MAE school, I heard people complaining about lecture notes, welfare and so on. In fact, I noticed that some areas could be improved and I have a lot of ideas on how to do it. So I took the courage to run for the Academic and Welfare Secretary in the MAE Club. I said courage because in order to get elected, I need to go through the rally where many people shooting you questions on how you could manage the position, and I need to go in one lecture hall, speak in front of 500 students and persuade them to vote for me. Eventually, they trust me and I got the post. Then I started to implement the improvements to the current activities and bring in new programmes. So throughout my term of service, I had successfully organised 12 events for the students. Indeed till today, some of the activities intiated by me are still being carried out. So I believe that I could apply the same thing and add value to my job."

No comments: